Performance Management in a Virtual World
Time & Location
About The Event
As the world of work has rapidly changed over the last couple of months, many leaders are unsure about how to manage performance during a pandemic, particularly because the workforce has become more remote. Unaccustomed to supervising employees from afar, many leaders face challenges in evaluating performance and providing good feedback. How can we review someone who can't do their job the way they're accustomed to doing it? How do you manage and measure performance during this time when you cannot see what people are doing? What do you do with non-performers? Are they really not performing or just not coping? How do you manage expectations, ensure people are productive but at the same time still maintaining a realistic work-life balance to avoid burnout and stress? How do you as a manager balance the duty of care to employees while also managing the business?
Join KR for a one-day seminar where we address key issues in performance management for a changed world.
Some topics include:
- Adapting feedback and performance systems during and after a Crisis: how organizations should streamline their performance management and rewards strategies during this crisis time
- Discussion | Our performance management practices during COVID
- The legal implications for managing performance remotely
- Helping managers have successful performance conversations
- Motivating and rewarding staff when budgets are cut : new approaches to recognize and engage employees in new distributed work arrangements
- Monitoring and increasing employee engagement through effective performance management.
For more information and to book your seat contact Debbie Atwell on +27 83 651 1664 or firstname.lastname@example.org